Professional Development Committee Charge
Utilize the National Staff Development Council’s Standards for Staff Development for planning and implementing staff development activities.
Reports to: Superintendent
Focus Area: Assist with accomplishing the Boards Strategic Plan in areas of Professional Development:
- Increase teacher’s knowledge and teaching skills
- Improve academic achievement and teacher effectiveness
- Advance teacher understanding o effective instruction based on scientifically based research
- Promote appropriate instruction implementation in the classroom
- Recommend training for staff
- Report progress and status of district professional development
- Assist with preparation of long and short term goals
- Utilize metrics in assessing the above focus areas
- MDSD Mentoring Program
Membership: Instruction Director, teacher(s) from each school, aide / parent.
Meeting Dates: As needed to meet deadlines and budgeting constraints.
Chairperson: David Pickard
Members: Angel Hudson, Lesley Doane, Tenaya Wave, Jake Olson, Shealyn Mascheroni, Kylie Christensen, Leslie Minshall, Audrey Linville, Jacquelyn Hengeller, and Maria Ames (parent)